Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You Make the Call

According to dialidol, only one performer is predicted to be safe tonight, and that American Idol hopeful is... Blake Lewis. Blake's performace of JLo's hubby, Mark Anthony's Need to Know, was far and away the judges favorite for best song choice and best performance of the night, so perhaps it's fitting he should be on top. For me, last night wasn't terribly memorable. I was bored to tears by so many singing Gloria Estefan, and only one person actually singing in Spanish. The fact that it was Sanjaya, with a week's growth of facial fuzz, was no special treat either.

Now, as we know, dialidol is only meant as a gauge. The only time the bottom person on their list has been sent home was the week Chris Sligh got the boot, so take this with a grain of salt.

1-6 (B3) Blake Lewis - 11.23 - Predicted to be Safe

Too Close to Call
1-8 (B3) Melinda Doolittle - 9.53
1-8 (B3) Phil Stacey - 9.15
1-8 (B3) Haley Scarnato - 8.9
1-8 (B3) Sanjaya Malakar - 8.54
1-8 (B3) Chris Richardson - 8.2
2-8 (B3) Jordin Sparks - 6.76
2-8 (B3) Lakisha Jones - 6.45

Now the important part: Who do you think is going home tonight?

I have a bad feeling it's Jordin. Last night while I was voting, I decided to switch it up a bit and call in for Jordin every time I got more than 3 busies in a row for Melinda. The good news is, I was able to throw Jordin at least 50 votes. The bad news... I didn't get a single busy signal on her line. Not one. Sigh. I really hope I'm wrong.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think it will be Jordin, honestly, I believe that it will either be Phil or Lakisha. Phil hasnt done very good at all lately, and Lakisha is being too safe, alot of people have switched from her to either chris or jordin, so I really dont think she will last much longer unless she steps it up and starts leaving that comfort zone. I very highly doubt that Jordin will go home, she has a very strong fan base and alot of people are voting for her in the last hour because they are spending the first hour giving everyone else votes to try to get sanjaya out. lets hope that he is in the bottom 3 at least!

10:47 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

here's hoping sanjaya's in the bottom 3... heck, i'll take it a step further, here's hoping against all hope that he actually bites the idol dust tonight! it would be poetic justice, after all, for him to get the boot the night after the only time he didn't completely suck.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be the best! here's hoping he leaves!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's just hope Sanjaya leaves before Jordin.... I still think she should be up in the top 3...
Melinda, Blake, and Jordin.. TOP 3

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home