Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

TOP TEN PERFORM!!

PHONE 1-866-436-57_ _ OR TEXT THE WORD 'VOTE' TO 57_ _


01 LAKISHA JONES "LAST DANCE"

  • RANDY: It was good to see you sing an uptempo song.
  • PAULA: You did Donna Summer proud.
  • SIMON: Love those boots! You're 30 years younger this week. Great vocal.
  • GOLDIE: I always like Lakisha! Great vocal and performance, but she is just not my American Idol.

02 CHRIS SLIGH "EVERY LITTLE THING SHE DOES"

  • RANDY: Good song choice. The biggest problem was the band was in one tempo and you were at another.
  • PAULA: Vocally it was nice, but the tempo....feel the beat.
  • SIMON: I thought it was a mess...at this stage it needs to be better. The song did not suit you and it did not feel right.
  • GOLDIE: Much better song choice for him. I love his voice, but he just does not seem to be polished like he needs to be for me.

03 GINA GLOCKSEN "I'LL STAND BY YOU"

  • RANDY: This was your best performance ever! Perfect song for you.
  • PAULA: You are improving each week....the song showed your vocal!
  • SIMON: That was your best performance. The best performance so far tonight!
  • GOLDIE: This is my favorite Gina performance!! Great song choice for her! My favorite so far!!

04 SANJAYA MALAKAR "BATHWATER"

  • RANDY: I'm speechless every time...it's weird...interesting hair.
  • PAULA: If you had the gumption...you could sing and fit the wackiness of the mohawk...but you're not doing it.
  • SIMON: I presume there was no mirror in your dressing room. I don't think it matters anymore what we say and you are in your own universe so good luck!
  • GOLDIE: Go home, Sanjaya! Stop murdering music!

05 HAILEY SCARNATO "TRUE COLORS"

  • RANDY: It started rough...it was just kind of alright...you didn't grab me...pitchy moments.
  • PAULA: It's a beautiful song and the melody should just be sung. You overdid it.
  • SIMON: Sweet, but forgettable! Thousands of girls all over this country could do that...too safe and you are going to have to do better!
  • GOLDIE: This is the only person, other than Sanjaya that I would like to see leave. Her legs are nice, but if that's all you've got....model pantyhose!

06 PHIL STACEY "EVERY BREATH YOU'LL TAKE"

  • RANDY: I actually kind of liked it...you've got that big voice but you didn't push it and I liked it.
  • PAULA: Good song choice and the chorus was good, but the verses are to safe.
  • SIMON: I thought that was very good. Great choice of song. This is the first time that I think you've shown you're serious about this competition!
  • GOLDIE: He starts too timid for me and gets stronger, but I'm ready for him to blow me away, but I get tired of waiting for the 'wow'!

07 MELINDA DOOLITTLE "HEAVEN KNOWS"

  • RANDY: You sing with feeling...you live the song...that was the bomb again!
  • PAULA: You tell the story from the first note.
  • SIMON: Vocally, as usual, outstanding...but I hate the outfit!
  • GOLDIE: I'm out of adjectives for Melinda.....all I can say is PERFECTION....(guess who I'm voting for)

08 BLAKE LEWIS "I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU"

  • RANDY: Not my perfect song choice for you, but I liked it.
  • PAULA: I loved what you did with the song. You are original.
  • SIMON: Definitely the strongest guy in the competition. You've got to be careful not to be too indulgent. For sure you are the front running guy.
  • GOLDIE: I like Blake, but I'll be honest it was a bit pitchy for me, but he's still gave a solid performance and has a really good voice. I think he's the best guy in the competition for me!

09 JORDIN SPARKS "HEY BABY"

  • RANDY: That was a very risky song to do, you could sing anything.
  • PAULA: You're adorable. I love seeing you in this kind of mode.
  • SIMON: The most improved contestant in the competition.
  • GOLDIE: I really like Jordin. She's fun, but this was not a good choice for her vocally.

10 CHRIS RICHARDSON "DON'T SPEAK"

  • RANDY: That was interesting..good flavor...not the best vocal! That was good.
  • PAULA: You're good!
  • SIMON: This was a better choice, great arrangement, but the vocal was not that great and you struggled and you need to pay more attention on your vocals.
  • GOLDIE: I like the choices he makes and the chances he takes, but the pitchiness is sooo bad that I got a little distracted. He needs to watch his vocals.

4 Comments:

Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

you crack me up! great blog!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Gina was the Bomb! Omg, Sanjaya is freakin annoying!!! He has to go!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all i have to say is why was this show so boring? lakisha, boring, chris sligh, horribly boring, gina was a breath of fresh air, sanjaya, his hair was the only exciting thing about him, and when i say exciting, i mean, funny, i laughed the whole time i watched him. haley, im sorry, why is she here again? i forget...phil was ok this week, hes up and down for me alot, he cant sing one week and the next, well, you heard him tonight. melinda was as usual good, i just didnt like her song choice, blake is still my favorite, that guy can sing, i dont care how many people say he is only there cus he can beat box, he proved tonight that he can sing. jordin wasnt good to me tonight, i thought she killed that song, and thats one of my fav no doubt songs, and chris r was ok tonight, i like when he does that thing, i dont really know the word for it, but you know the run type thing that has made him famous, and he didnt do it tonight, i was a little disappointed, so all in all, the night was a huge let down for me, i was looking for some good songs to come out but no one wanted to leave their safety zone, come on people, get this competition going, this is the top ten, fight to win!!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

totally agree. even the judges looked bored tonight.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home