Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

WE'RE DOWN TO NINE!!!!

PHONE 1-866-436-57_ _ OR TEXT THE WORD 'VOTE' TO 57_ _


01 BLAKE LEWIS "MACK THE KNIFE"
  • RANDY: Very good way to start off the evening and this was the perfect song for you. You are the funky, jazzy, cool kind of guy.
  • PAULA: You're a hip cat. Fun as usual.
  • SIMON: Good choice of song, performed it well. I'll give you 7 out of 10 and the band 8 out of 10.
  • GOLDIE: One of my favorite songs! It's a fun song and he sang it well! It fit his personality.

02 PHIL STACEY "NIGHT AND DAY"

  • RANDY: Interesting choice for you. Good vocal, but no connection.
  • PAULA: You are a young Frank Sinatra. I still need you to have more joy and warm those vocals up before the chorus!
  • SIMON: It had all the joy of someone singing in a funeral parlor. It was gloomy and dark no life in the performance.
  • GOLDIE: I was bored! Vocally, he was just ok, but no stage presence at all for me!

03 MELINDA DOOLITTLE "I'VE GOT RHYTHM"

  • RANDY: You always give a lesson in singing, vocally and performance!
  • PAULA: You are master class for everyone else to watch!
  • SIMON: I didn't like the first half which was a bit cabaret, but the second half of the song was great, but I don't think we can ever criticize you!
  • GOLDIE: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER!!!!! I wonder if she's free the 27th of this month....there's this wedding I would love for her to sing at.......(I know...dream on!!) But on the vocal side.....SHE'S DEFINITELY GOT IT!!!

04 CHRIS RICHARDSON "DON'T GET AROUND MUCH ANYMORE"

  • RANDY: You came out with a vengence! Best performance for you all season!
  • PAULA: You did not compromise yourself. You kept it hip and cool!
  • SIMON: I thought that was very good, very believable! You made it hip and you worked it out very well. One of the strongest tonight!
  • GOLDIE: This was a good song choice for him! He was able to keep the vocals together and he still put his own spin on it. Very good! This was my favorite performance from Chris so far!

05 JORDIN SPARKS "ON A CLEAR DAY"

  • RANDY: I'm loving that we have 9 people in the competition, but it is hot! You are like a pro and you are 17!
  • PAULA: You really are a magnet of joy and you exude it on the stage. I'm just so freaking proud of you...I don't know what to say!
  • SIMON: You sang it very well, but you didn't make it young and current. I didn't like it as much as squiggly and diggly here did!
  • GOLDIE: She is the most improved to me! She has the vocal ability people much older than her can only dream of and I loved her performance tonight! Nothing was overdone! I only see her getting better!

06 GINA GLOCKSEN "SMILE"

  • RANDY: That was a very nice controlled performance from the rocker girl.
  • PAULA: Flawless, understated and sentimental.
  • SIMON: I can't rave about the vocals because 2 other girls have already come on and outsang you.
  • GOLDIE: This is one of my favorite songs of all time and Gina was incredible!

07 SANJAYA MALAKAR "CHEEK TO CHEEK"

  • RANDY: I can't comment on the vocals anymore, but you are a great entertainer.
  • PAULA: You are charmer and I enjoyed the dance.
  • SIMON: Let's try a different tactic this week......INCREDIBLE (rolls his eyes)!
  • GOLDIE: A little bit John Travolta with a little more of William Hung...(actually..I like William Hung better) on an even sadder note...probably his best performance.

08 HALEY SCARNATO "AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'"

  • RANDY: I thought this would be a good week for you because of the style.
  • PAULA: You look great in green.
  • SIMON: You've got great legs....it was a good style for you, but it felt a bit pageanty.
  • GOLDIE: Not as bad as usual, but still felt like I was at a pageant!

09 LAKISHA JONES "STORMY WEATHER"

  • RANDY: This was a perfect song for you. Pitchy in the beginning.
  • PAULA: This is the most gorgeous you've ever looked. You sounded great.
  • SIMON: Back on form Lakisha. That was great.
  • GOLDIE: Another one of my favorites, but I'm a little tired of Lakisha. It was good, but she tends to be so nasal at times that it really takes away from the story in the song. When she opens up like she did at the end....awesome...until "ain't no sunshine when he's gone". I think she should have listeded to Tony!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so Blake wasnt as good tonight as he has been, he was still good, but this just wasnt his best performance. Phil is just not doing a thing for me anymore, he was good at first, or maybe his eyes just mezmerized me at first, I dont know, but its just not there anymore, he can leave now. Im sorry Goldie, but I just think Melinda is getting old, Im tired of the you are the best comments, we all know she can sing, she should just drop out and go get a record deal, let one of the other people have a little bit of a chance. Chris did great tonight, I think him and Jordin were the best performances, he was wonderful. Jordin, of course, was awesome, she is really shining through now and I think she may take it all the way. Gina is getting better all the time, I thought she did a wonderful job tonight, I really hope she doesnt get forgotten though and not get enough votes, which I am afraid will happen with Jordin and Melinda there. Im not even going to waste my time on Sanjaya, if people stop talking about him, maybe he will disappear. Im sorry but if Haley would cover up her body, everyone would see that she has no voice, come on people, this is not america's next top model, its american idol, stop voting for her. And that leaves Lakisha, I know, she is a diva, she has a big voice, blah, blah, blah. I just dont think she brings anything unique to the industry, we have heard it all before, but its old and played out, we need something different.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 2 favorite are still Melinda and Blake. I feel they are gonna be in the top 3! I was not impressed with Sanjaya at all.He didn't give it any pazzazz. I almost fell asleep with this performance. I like Lakisha but was not impressed with her either. Phil wasn't as phun as he usually is. Molly

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home