Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Top 11

PHONE 1-866-436-57_ _ OR TEXT THE WORD 'VOTE' TO 57_ _

01 : Haley Scarnato "Tell Him"

Randy: Perfect song for you. Your best performance.
Paula: The flirtation side of you was great.
Simon: You naughty little thing. Different side to you.
Carolyn: Simon's gonna do some dialing tonight. Haley dancing around in shorts with legs to the sky is enough to make any record exec punch in a few digits... while he counts his dollars.


02 CHRIS RICHARDSON: "DON'T LET THE SUN CATCH YOU CRYIN' "

Randy: That was another great performance. Every note was in tune. One of your best vocals yet.
Paula: It's all about being smart with your choices... very smart, sexy, charming.
Simon: I think that was your best performance ever, Your control on the song was excellent. Most importantly, you didn't make the song sound old fashioned.
Carolyn: For me, just ok. He's lovely to look at, but the song didn't thrill me.

03 STEPHANIE EDWARDS: "YOU DON'T HAVE TO SAY YOU LOVE ME"
Randy: It was a little pitchy for me. When you get to ballads, it's harder.
Paula: I love what you're wearing. I think you did pick a right song. You're a great singer. I want you to have fun.
Simon: How do you think you did? ("I thought I did well.")I think you are losing your edge. I think you're losing your soul. It was good cabaret, and I don't think thats you. I miss the passion, the rawness.
Carolyn: I wasn't jazzing on her either. I wish I was, but this song just didn't do it for me, and I'm concerned... I think Stephanie needs to be singing the up tempo songs until she gets a more solid fan base that will support her no matter what. I think this song may actually be her downfall.

04 : BLAKE "TIME OF THE SEASON"

Randy: you made the song really current. brilliant, baby, brilliant.
Paula: i think you have really really raised the bar. i felt like i was at a concert.
Simon: a million times better than last week. i think this week you chose the right song, and you found a way of making it contemporary without changing the melody. strongest performance so far.
Carolyn: acid trip circa 2007. he owned it. i just wasn't really buying. very pleasant... maybe i'm just cranky. i did love how he changed the meaning of "who's your daddy" in the song.
At this point, I just wanna hear Melinda. I'm tired of waiting through the rest of em.


05 LAKISHA JONES: "DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER"

Randy: I didn't feel enough Lakisha in it. It was just alright for me.
Paula: I think you made the right choice, and you're a very very smart girl.
Simon: This was Lakisha in 50 years time, in my opinion. Too old, too old fashioned.
Carolyn: ok.. NOW the show has truly begun. LaKisha was all over this song. Just wonderful. Now if only we could get her to smile during a performance. Again, kudos to the stylist, but as a jewelry designer, I must pipe in - that was not 1 million in diamonds. Not even close. Stop lyin' to the girl.

06 PHIL : "TOBACCO ROAD"

Randy: It was a pretty good performance for me. I always like your upper register.
Paula: I actually think it was a real good choice of songs. The emotion of the song... I liked hearing the range of your voice.
Simon: I wasn't crazy about it. It was kind of a 3rd division bar band performance. I don't hear any grit in your voice, and you need it to sing this song. It has to be believable, and I think you may be in trouble tonight.
Carolyn: I'm not liking anyone much tonight - Phil's no different. For me, just ok. Not offensive. Just not superstar material tonight.

07 JORDIN SPARKS: "I WHO HAVE NOTHING"

Randy: One of the best we're gonna see tonight.
Paula: A good singer is a good singer, and you're also a wondferful performer.
Simon: You sang it beautifully, but I feel like jumping off a bridge. I just want the sun to shine again.
Carolyn: I adore this girl... more every time we see her. Curly hair, straight hair.. no matter. Jordin is personality plus, very smart, and with a great set of pipes. I love you too, Jordin, and so did the live audience, with every single one of them on their feet.

BRANDON ROGERS.. no.. wait.. he was dumped for Shirley Temple. (snort)
08 SANJAYA MALAKAR: "YOU REALLY GOT ME"

Randy: Your really shocked me tonight. Your best performance to date.
Paula: (does it really matter?)
Simon: I think the little girl's face said it all.
Carolyn: Sanjaya a la Nine Inch Nails. He didn't suck, and his hair is back to normal, which I like. Question is, the little girl they showed crying... did someone just tell her he's gay? Very sweet of him to go give her a hug.

09 GINA GLOCKSEN: "PAINT IT BLACK"

Randy: Just alright for me.
Paula: Miles better than last week.
Simon: There were moments of complete torture in that vocal. It was so off melody at moments, it was just horrible.
Carolyn: OK.. Gina won me over tonight. I couldn't disagree more with the judges tonight. She could release this song. Gina reads blogs. She's growing on me. ;)

10 CHRIS SLIGH: "Lemme Tell you 'Bout The Way She Looked..."
Randy: I enjoyed it.
Paula: I like the fact you're working the audience.
Simon: It was fun. Good choice of song for you. You showed personality and you did a lot better than last week.
Carolyn: I'm a Chris fan. I wanted to like this performance. It's good to want things... sigh. He seemed really nervous to me tonight. Nervous and pasty. The voice was pleasant, but he seemed really awkward traversing the audience. He didn't connect with anyone... least of all me.

And FINALLY....

11 MELINDA DOOLITTLE: "As Long as He Needs Me"
Randy: You are a pro up there. We saved the best for last.
Paula:You are in your own league, my dear. it's not forced, it just is.
Simon: Are you really as nice as you seem? You made the 2nd part of the song sensational, with an impeccable vocal.
Carolyn: I can understand none of the other idol contestants wanting to follow Melinda, but must we wait through 10 lesser vocalists to get to the real deal??? See y'all later.. I gotta go dial 11!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so i thought blake did an awesome job tonight. lakisha wasnt as good as i have seen her be, i didnt think she picked the right song. haley, phil, and stephanie did nothing at all for me tonight, they were just fill-ins in my opinion. chris richardson did a great job and i love him. sanjaya was horrible, he screamed the entire time. gina gets better every week and i thought she did wonderful tonight. jordin is just great all around. chris s just needs to go home. melinda was good, i thought jordin was better, but she is good.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home