Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Monday, March 26, 2007

I'm Baa-aaack.....and ENGAGED!!!

Hi All!!!

Carolyn is right! I had a huge weekend! Actually, a huge week. First of all......I'M ENGAGED!!!! The love of my life proposed to me Thursday (3/15) before we left for NYC the following morning to meet up with some of his family. It was the sweetest proposal....the kind everyone dreams of. Then we get stuck in a "nor-easter" in the north east!

We were the last plane to arrive in Newark, NJ. As we approached the landing, it looked like a scene from a movie about plane crashes because of all the emergency vehicles on the ground waiting. I looked out the window and back at my fiance and told him I loved him. He laughed and said that it couldn't be that bad, looked out the window and then professed his love for me as well! Obviously we made it. (Anyone ever hydroplane in a plane.....not fun!!)

I'm from Louisiana and even if it doesn't snow, but there is a cloud in the sky, a good stiff breeze and the possibility of a snowflake.....we close down everything! I knew when the all transportation in the north had stopped....it was bad news!

After sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours waiting for the airport to de-ice a plane to move it away from the gate so we could pull our plane to the gate to get off, waiting an additional hour and a half for our luggage....we finally made it to the hotel (woohoo for reservations!!) The airport was sooooo crowded...it looked like Times Square on New Year's Eve and Newark is not the biggest airport I've been to.

I saw Alan Thicke (for those who don't know, he played the dad on "Growing Pains") and he was very appreciative that I didn't cause a stampede. I didn't even bother him for a picture:( (Hey, I used to love his show and I get very excited about seeing celebrities......just ask the 2005 American Idol contestants I met at the finale week that year.....but that is a whole other story I may have to tell you guys about before this season ends! I always have interesting adventures!)

Saturday, we spent the day sightseeing in NYC and then on to the Pocono Mountains in PA that night for a family visit. We were supposed to be back the 21st, but due to many complications ...we arrived back at 4am the 25th. We still had a blast and I would do it all over again, but without the part where we got stranded in PA forever....(it seemed forever before it was over). Oh, and I found the "hill" that the old timers talk about when they say "when I was kid, I used to walk to school in knee deep snow up-hill both ways"......yeah....found that hill....it does exist!!

Can't wait for Tuesday night....missed the show last week...well, postponed seeing it for a bit (thank God for VCR's) and will be here blogging for every bit of it! Thanks to Carolyn and Carla who allowed me to "slack-off" for a week!! (Love you both!!) "See" the rest of you during the show!


Goldie soon-to-be McGill

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats goldie! i just have one question, why tell us that he asked you so romantically and then not give details? WE WANT DETAILS!!!!! Thats why I dont fly though, planes scare me to death and i think i would have a heart attack if i was on one and something like that happened. anyhow, give us the details girl! (so we can all be jealous and happy for you at the same time)

11:52 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

I'm such a slacker.. i didn't even realize you'd posted this until now! Soooooo Happy for you!!! And so glad you're back!!
Yayyyyy!! :)

P.S. Has Alan Thicke gotten any nicer over the years? He was a (rhymes with thicke) when I was working on Arsenio way back when...

12:45 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

LOL....sorry Carolyn....I forgot to send out a bulletin after I posted this.

Oh..and if I had known he was a meanie...I would have caused a riot in the airport!! But he was nice to me.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

Thanks, Susan!!! I'm sorry I didn't post the details. It was really sweet and sort of funny. I didn't think anyone would want to know all the details. But we get to his apartment in Little Rock about 3 hours before we are to be at the airport. Jim looks at me and says in a very serious voice....Sit down, I need to talk to you.

I'm sure by now I looked like a puppy that had just seen the rolled up newspaper because he just seemed too serious, but I sit. Then he says....I just want you to know I love you. (Sound like the the beginning of a break-up line to you??? Yeah, it did to me too!) I said....but??? Then he said....no, no but.

That did nothing to calm my nerves!! Then he says....I'm really nervous and gets down on both knees and puts his head in my lap...I think he's sick now and am freaking out..(I'm not good in a medical crisis....actually any crisis) He starts laughing and assures me he's fine, but then again tells me how nervous he is.

So...I almost say, What...are you about to propose??? (SOOOO glad I didn't that!) Then he starts telling me how much he loves me and no one has ever loved him before the way I do. He wants to spend the rest of his life with me because we just fit and soooo much more that I can't remember....(it was a very nervous, but exciting moment for both of us).

He finally looks at me and says, I can't look at you....(but not in a mean way...lol) He opens the ring box and shows it to me and asked me to marry him. I, of course, begin to cry and shake and all of the goofy girly things I said I would never do and just start hugging him......after about 2 minutes he says....WELL?????

I forgot to answer him! lol Poor, Jim! It took me a minute to even know what he was even saying "well" about! But I agreed and we are getting married April 27th or 28th of this year so we have a lot of planning and stuff to do!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home