Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

American Idol Top 7 Perform

Greetings Idol Fans! :) Welcome to our first ever duo blog. We thought we'd pull double duty tonight, and whack the blog with both of our opinions , as well as R,P and Simons commentary.

As you know, just dial 1-866-IDOLS-0_! All the right numbers are here for ya!

01 -Phil - "Where The Blacktop Ends"
Randy: Dude, you could have a career in country music. Now I know Phil Stacy.
Paula: You sound good from the beginning to the end.
Simon: Well, it's only taken 10 weeks, Phil. This is the only time I've heard you in a long long time where you chose a good song, the style of music suited you, and you actually showed some personality.
Carolyn: Was that Nigel Lithgoe that Phil pointed at right before he got back on stage? Anyhow... for me, it was a nice performance, but just very good karaoke. I think Simon et al are just giving it their level best to keep someone other than Sanjaya past this week.
Goldie: Even with the almost personality we saw tonight...I'm back to being bored! He sounded good, but he's better than what he's brought to the competition so far!


02 - Jordin Sparks - "Broken Wing"
Randy: Dude, that was the bomb, man.
Paula: You look gorgeous. I love you, and i think you did a fantastic job.
Simon: This is the 1st time since we've met that I actually believe, based on that performance, you could win American Idol.
Carolyn: Yayy! That was just fantastic. Jordin has the guts to sing the song of the guest artist, Martina McBride. And she rocked it! Man.. talk about raising the bar!! I may just have a new favorite. Jordin is the entire package, and she'll definitely be getting some of my votes tonight.
Goldie: If she wasn't scared...there was waaay too much vibrato going on! She still has a powerful voice with those big notes and I still loved her!



03 - Sanjaya - "Something to Talk About "
Randy: That was really just like karaoke, dude.
Paula: You're a loveable guy, Sanjaya.
Simon: Utterly horrendous.
Carolyn: He hasn't strted to sing yet, but let me be the first to say, "Booo!" Yech. I've so had enough. ok.. he's singing now. If Phil was really good karaoke, Sanjaya's... well.. he's not offensive... he's just not in the same league as any of the rest of the contestants. Great hair tonight, though.
Goldie:The look alone makes me scared!!! Can Bonnie Raitt roll over in her grave without being dead??? Somehow...I think she may be tonight! If I knew where the plot was I would do a little rolling around myself! Heck...let's all do it! When will we be put out of our misery??? I can't take much more!

04 - Lakisha - "Jesus, Take the Wheel"
Randy: For me, this had some pitch problems. Wasn't my favorite vocal of yours.
Paula: I have to agree with Randy.
Simon: I don't think you and that song went together well.
Carolyn: WOW! Lakisha needs to cover this song. That was AMAZING. She sang it from her toes.. just like i like it.
Goldie: A little too much screaming for me and waaaay off key more than once...unusual for Lakisha! I was disappointed...I was expecting a lot better with her background and that song!

05 -Chris Richardson- "Something Very Nasal "
Randy: I felt lost during the song.
Paula: The joy and the love that you have on stage didn't come through.
Simon: WHat I heard was a very non-descript, nasally tinny vocal. Completely and utterly insignificant, the whole thing.
Carolyn: Hated the first verse, then he came to the chorus and I fell back in love. Note to Chris: Keep your vocals out of your nose!!
Goldie: He just makes me see a bad Justin Timberlake impression of Rascall Flatts.....not impressed at all tonight! I'm bored!


06 -Melinda- "Trouble is a Woman"
Randy: Another solid performance from our resident pro, Miss Melinda Doolittle.
Paula: Once again...
Simon: It was fantastic. I saw a little Tina Turner going on there. You have to lose the surprised look.
Carolyn: Have they released Melinda's CD yet? I'm ready. No matter what style she's singing, this woman has pipes, and she knows how to use em.
Goldie: OK...first of all...How cute is she tonight??? Love that look for her! We have our sassy girl back!! Love her!!! FABULOUS!!


07 -Blake- "When the Stars go Blue"
Randy: I love your sense of style, and I love that you know who you are.
Paula: You kinda have the whole package. It's always fun to watch you.
Simon: It wasn't a jumping out of my chair performance, Blake.
Carolyn: Wow. I wasn't expecting to enjoy Blake as much as I did tonight. He did it justice, and he made it his own.
Goldie: This was a great choice for Blake....when they said it was country...I said Blake should do Tim McGraw "Stars Go Blue"! Nice job! Not as great as I expected, but still a solid performance from the best guy left in the competition!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Did you ever wanna reach into the tv and strangle someone or what? One of my all time favorite songs totally mutilated by none other than Sanjaya! If he is not voted off soon I think I'll quit! It totally sucked badly and I think if he stays he'd better get real! I think Lakisha may be in the bottom three this week. Along with ,hopefully, Sanjaya. Someone please end my torture? His hair sucked too. Perhaps if he really tried to sing he might be alright but uuughh! Molly

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanjaya was a joke tonight.... that was one of his worse performances..

Lakisha and Chris were okay.. Phil sounded much better tonight....
Melinda and Blake did great but Jordin is what American Idol is all about....

Go Jordin!!!

Debi (-:

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, i think melinda had to be the best of the night, she did such a great job. jordin was awesome, blake was awesome, the rest of them are kind of just fill-ins for me now, they didnt do anything for me. and im sorry carolyn, but i thought lakisha killed that song. i love that song and lakisha did not do it justice at all, she screamed and wasnt really on pitch for most of the song.

7:33 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

lol, don't apologize for disagreeing with me! apparently, i'm the only one who liked her performance. (said the nice jewish girl)

7:45 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

debi...
"Jordin is what American Idol is all about.... "

I agree 100%

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree as well Debi, Jordin has grown so much in this competition and really the only one left that has, the rest of them are pretty much the same as the beggining, except for sanjaya, i think he may be worse, if that is possible...

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(-: Yep Carolyn!!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home