Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

THE TOP 12 COMPETE!!

YAY!!! It's finally here......the real competition is starting! Hits by Diana Ross are the choices for the evening and I'm a little more than excited to find out which contestant chose which song. I don't know if it's just me, but I can't imagine Chris Sligh singing something like "Stop In The Name Of Love", even if his hair is a bit like Diana Ross. This should be interesting, to say the least!!


PHONE 1-866-436-57_ _ OR TEXT THE WORD 'VOTE' TO 57_ _



01 BRANDON ROGERS: "CAN'T HURRY LOVE"

  • Randy: You reverted back into a background singer for me. The last 2 notes of the song sounded like you wanted to be out front, but dawg...that was terrible.
  • Paula: It's not easy to do what you do and I know nerves play a big part of all of this and you do many things right and I believe you'll grow into this.
  • Simon: That was a complete letdown. Predictable version, predictable arrangement, the dancing was terrible. You came across and a background's singer background singer. No originality whatsoever.
  • Goldie: I just love Brandon and I want him to go far, but I'm worried that he's just not shining like I think he really can and with so many other really stronger voices...(Melinda and Lakisha).....he needs to do a lot more than he's done. This could be his last night...(that breaks my heart)!


02 MELINDA DOOLITTLE: "HOME"

  • Randy: I don't know if it was my favorite performance of yours, but it was still really good!
  • Paula: (tearfully) Watching you is such joy! This is it for you!
  • Simon: You've even made that song fantastic! You remind me of a young Gladys Knight..very good!
  • Goldie: I have chills and I'm crying! I can only say one thing......PERFECTION!!!! Do we really need to continue on with this competition? (just for reference....yes, I'll be asking this same question each week until she wins!) Is she not just a breath of fresh air? She makes me want to sing!



03 CHRIS SLIGH: "ENDLESS LOVE"

  • Randy: The bad part of that for me was the Coldplay style of that, you have a good voice, but that was a mess for me.
  • Paula: That song is so recognizable and you try too hard to be ultra hip. Worry less about trying to fit in a contemporary style.
  • Simon: You turned a beautiful song into something else, You have a good voice, but that was not good.
  • Goldie: I really like his voice! I'm still waiting for him to blow my socks off....not there yet! At least he takes a chance each week!

04 GINA GLOCKSEN: "LOVE CHILD"

  • Randy: Once again for me, it wasn't my favorite for you, but it was pitchy in spots. It was boring for me. It lacked charisma.
  • Paula: I feel that you are much better than how you did tonight. You were shouting and your pitch and enunciation was off at times.
  • Simon: It was ok. There's not much you can say about this performance. You chose the right song for you. This style suits you, but it was a little bit forgettable.
  • Goldie: I like Gina and I'm so glad she finally made it into the top 12. I really hope she stays around for a while because we need a rocker chick! Her vocals aren't strong as some of the others, but she still has star quality!

05 SANJAYA MALAKAR: "AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH"

  • Randy: I really do not know what to say! Dude...it wasn't very good! That was almost unlistenable for me! I like your different hair every week!
  • Paula: Your smile warms people's hearts. You just gotta let go and explode with your vocals now!
  • Simon: When you hear a wail in Beverly Hills....that is where Diana is watching the show. The only thing similar was the hair.
  • Goldie: Did he try to have Diana's hair tonight? That's the only thing that was similar! I can promise....that I would do my best to get across a river or a mountain if it meant getting away from his singing!!! He sooooooo needs to go home!

06 HALEY SCARNATO: "MISSING YOU"

  • Randy: You gave it a valiant effort, you sounded nervous when you started.
  • Paula: You look lovely tonight. It's a brand new day and forgetting the words is not a great thing to do and your pitch.....horrible.
  • Simon: I didn't think it was that bad. To give you credit, we will remember you now, you have real presence up there. If you can just hold it together, you may do better than I thought you would do! I'm very impressed with your star quality on the stage.
  • Goldie: Even though this was probably her best performance to date.....can I have the tiara please? Oh...wait...different show! (but somehow...same bad talent!) (My poor Pickles is using 4 letter words) I wouldn't lose sleep if she left either!

07 PHIL STACEY: "I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME"

  • Randy: The coolest thing for you.....you get the boy's award to night....your vocals were really good!
  • Paula: You have strong vocals.
  • Simon: It was ok. Very good choice for you, but when you go for the big notes, you tend to shout!
  • Goldie: This guy can really sing, but he just seems to not get momentum until the song is almost over...then blows it out! He did much better tonight for me than in the past...especially after last week!

08 LAKISHA JONES: "GOD BLESS THE CHILD"

  • Randy: Perfect song choice, I love the outfit and vocals were good...you could have easily overdone that with that big ole voice....sensational!
  • Paula: You look beautiful and your vocals were so great.
  • Simon: You've either got it or you haven't....you've got it! You and Melinda are in a class by yourselves! Outstanding!
  • Goldie: How beautiful!! She looks amazing...she sounds amazing...she's just amazing!

09 BLAKE LEWIS: "KEEP ME HANGIN' ON"

  • Randy: I'm a huge fan...there was some good things about it. You don't have to "Blakize" every song. You are a great performer, sometimes let the classics be the classics!
  • Paula: You could have a hit with that a gain....you're a real good singer, too!
  • Simon: I didn't get that at all. I understand why you wanted your own take on it, but it didn't work changing it like that. You didn't sound as good as we've heard. You'll be ok, though.
  • Goldie: He is so much fun!! He makes me want to dance and always brings a smile to my face! Great arrangement! I think he will have a career after this no matter what happens, but hopefully he will stick around for a while!

10 STEPHANIE EDWARDS: "LOVE HANGOVER"

  • Randy: It's been an interesting night with all of the lyrics forgotten. Perfect choice for you, but the vocals weren't as great as they could have been. Wasn't your best.
  • Paula: You have strong vocals, but strive for better.
  • Simon: It was a strange arrangement by teasing the audience and never delivering. Wasn't your best and you really need to do better at this stage of the game. You were outsung by Melinda and Lakisha.
  • Goldie: She can sing, but I'm just not in love with her like so many others are. I'm not sure why....can't put my finger on it. I just know I forget her too easily. Great vocals.

11 CHRIS RICHARDSON: "THE BOSS"

  • Randy: It wasn't my favorite performance, but you don't have to do all of those runs!
  • Paula: I think out of all of the guys you were able to really blend all the old and new styles.
  • Simon: If I take away your personality and only listened to the vocals it was dreadful.
  • Goldie: I love how he takes risks each week to show his range of talent! He's an entertainer! Even with his pitch problems I liked him!

12 JORDIN SPARKS: "IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER"

  • Randy: I've been a fan of yours since day 1 in Seattle, tonight you made it a 3 girl race with Melinda and Lakisha.
  • Paula: You are a natural gift and a breath of fresh air.
  • Simon: It was a little bit gooey, but having said that, I thought it was a very, very good vocal and absolutly you have put yourself in to being in the finals with that.
  • Goldie: She seemed so much stronger in the auditions and has really disappointed me the last 2 weeks. This performance she let me know she has the pipes and if we give her a chance....she could wow us!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for Melinda and Blake! I truly want them to be on the finals! Molly

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen sister! right on the money!

--candy

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate chris richardson's vocals. I have to mute the tv when he sings because he sings through his nose and has a bizarre vibrato... sounds like a goat whose balls are being smashed with a meat tenderizer. And his moves are strange too. I can deal with Sanjaya better than Chris R. Girls and gay men only love him because they'd have sex with him, because he's one of the least talented in the top 12.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Blake !!!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordin Sparks.. I like her...
She has everything it takes to
be the next "American Idol"!!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

OOPS!! Sorry, Carolyn....just saw where we said the exact same thing about Chris Sligh....guess great minds really do think alike!!;)

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home