Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Top 6 Perform

It's Bon Jovi week! :) Yayyyy! For those of you too young to appreciate him, I feel for you. You have no idea what you're missing. For the rest of you, if you've never taken the opportunity to see Bon Jovi in concert, I strongly recommend him. He was part of my payback for enduring 20,000 screaming 13 year olds and either NSync or BSB a few years back as a Unit Head at Camp, and he made it well worth it.

OK, on to the idols... and an explanation for my absence last week... coupla things: 1. I wanted to just enjoy the special show and not "work" it; 2. With last week being the lead-in to my Relay for Life, it was all I could do to find 5 minutes for myself... I'm happy to report though, that Relay was a tremendous success! Now for the idols...

Can you believe we're already down to 6?! And after tonight, we'll be down to 4!! Voting has never been as crucial. It would be nice if everyone only voted once, but that's not the case, so if you want your fave to stay in, ya gotta dial till ya drop!

Whether it's the numbers you need, the judges comments, or my 2 cents you're looking for, look no further! Well, just look below this little paragraph. ;)

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "Vote" to 57_ _

01 or 07: Phil Stacey "Blaze of Glory"
Randy: I'm happy for you for a lot of reasons... Other than country week, this is your best performance ever on the show. That was the bomb. I love it.
Paula: You were living your inner kid up there! This was the best opening we've had all season long.
Simon: I thought it was ok. I didn't hear any authenticity. I thought, in the middle, you were like a bad actor playing the role, and I don't think you've done enough to last next week.
Carolyn: Well, he comes in with high praise from JbJ - lets see... Very Nice! Props from Randy DURING the song. This is far and away Phil's best performance to date. He felt it, he made us feel it, and he sang his ass off.

02 or 08 Jordin Sparks : "Livin' on a Prayer"
Randy: The big notes in the choruses were ok, but that was rough!
Paula: I give credit because you went for it, even knowing it was out of your range.
Simon: The singing was out of control, verging on shrieking at times. Although I agree you're at a massve disadvantage with being given guys songs to sing, it was awful.
Carolyn: Have I mentioned lately how much I adore this girl?!?! OK, that being said, I'm kinda bummed. This was not a good song choice for her, not at all. Her comfort level was hovering around ZERO throughout the vast majority of the performance. As I'm sitting here writing this as she's singing, I can hear Simon in my mind saying, "You finally managed to find a song that was too big for your voice." It just wasn't there tonight. I just hope it doesn't mean she's toast.


03 or 09 Lakisha Jones : "This Ain't a Love Song"
Randy: You proved on thing tonight! By the middle of the song, you blew that out the box. Lakisha's back!
Paula: That low tone in your voice, that's money in your pocket.
Simon: Lakisha, I actually could kiss you after that... on the lips. (and he did?!)
Carolyn: Ummm.. we're still at commercial, and already I don't have a good feeling about Lakisha tonight. I hope I'm wrong, but Lakisha + Bon Jovi may well = disaster. WoW! When i'm wrong, I'm wrong!! Lakisha nailed it! Well done!

04 or 10 Blake's Gone Brunette : "You Give Love a Bad Name"
Randy: I'll give you the award for the most original version of a song ever on AI.
Paula: . You really took a leap of faith. Bon Jovi was really diggin what you were doing. Simon's mom was even rocking with you.
Simon: Half the audience will have hated it, and half loved it. You're a very brave young man.. took a massive risk, and this is what will keep you in the running for next week.
Carolyn: Interesting. I prefer the original. I can appreciate Blake, but that's like messing with the National Anthem... It's the rock-n-roll equivalent of beat boxing Ave Maria.

05 or 11 Chris Richardson: "Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Randy: You did your thing, you made it your own.
Paula: Great night. Good job.
Simon: I think you did as much as you could possibly do with that song, Chris, cuase this is not your styly of music, but I don't know if it was enough to stay another week.
Carolyn: I was just bored... and a little creeped out. Chris kept doing this big eye thing that reminded me of the creepy troll in the hobbit... "My pretty"

06 or 12 : Melinda Doolittle "Have a Nice Day"
Randy: Definitely a great performance again. That was hot, baby!
Paula: How's it feel to be a rock star?
Simon: I thought it was like a young Tina Turner. Vocally in a different league.
Carolyn: Wow. Is there anything Melinda can't do? Seriously?! I feel like I've just witnessed the rebirth of Tina Turner into the next generation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home