Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Round 3: The Guys!

I have to say it has been very disappointing for me tonight! I was really hoping the guys were going to blow my mind, but they wouldn't be able to blow up a balloon for me with the performances tonight! There are 2 definites that I would send home, but we'll just have to wait and see. Please vote.....and get it right!!! We need a winning top 12!!


Now, on to tonight's performance critiques:

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "vote" to 57_ _


01 BLAKE LEWIS: "Keep Me Coming"



  • Randy: You know what I'm loving about this season....this is the first season where we've had current artists like yourself!
  • Paula: I didn't know the song, but I was interested! Very Good!
  • Simon: I didn't understand a word you said, but I liked it, Randy and Paula are right you're current and you will be here next week!
  • Goldie: He is just FUN!!!! I really like him and I think he should be in the finals for sure!!

02 SANJAYA MALAKAR: "Waiting On The World To Change"

  • Randy: To say it was better than last week is funny.....he hasn't returned to the good singer we first saw.
  • Paula: I don't agree completely. You have a lot of older more experienced guys around you, but I want you to raise your game!
  • Simon: It wasn't as ghastly as last week, and you are popular because you are still here, but this is a singing competition and your vocals just aren't as good as some!
  • Goldie: If he doesn't go home this week, America will have let me down!! He is a sweet kid with a very bright future, but not in singing.....maybe a shampoo commercial...he has FABULOUS hair!

03 : SUNDANCE HEAD: "Jeremy"

  • Randy: I like the southern rock thing like Pearl Jam.
  • Paula: You pulled it out tonight!
  • Simon: I didn't like it as much as last week. You went from good last week to a bar routine this week. I didn't like it you sounded like you were shouting the whole thing.
  • Goldie: I'll be honest here....I'm not impressed at all! He can only do one style and I'm just not feeling what he has to say. His performance was pretty good, but it was just ok...a lot of screaming....He just hasn't stepped up like I was hoping he would in this competition. I would not be upset at all if he goes home!

04 CHRIS RICHARDSON: "Tonight I Wanna Cry"

  • Randy: Every week you come out here and blast the guy's week. You are showing you are in it to win it!
  • Paula: Good song choice! You adapted it well and put your own spin on it.
  • Simon: It was good, not the best vocal we heard...a little nasally, but I don't think we've heard what you're capable of. Anyone else...that song would have been a problem.
  • Goldie: A couple of pitch problems, but I still love this guy! He can sing and he is stepping up to show a very versatile singer! He sooooo deserves to stay!

05 JARED COTTER: "If You Really Love Me"

  • Randy: I was worried, but you gave a good solid performance!
  • Paula: I think you need to work on coloring up the way you sing! I sometimes feel like you shout.
  • Simon: It wasn't very original. We've heard a lot of performances like this, but you are popular. I'm a little disappointed because I'm not seeing the WOW factor tonight!
  • Goldie: I love him! He's not the best vocalist, but he's fun and has great charisma! I think he could really wow us if we give him a chance!!!

06 : BRANDON ROGERS: "I Just Want To Celebrate"

  • Randy: I think it was a good choice. It was good, but you got a little messed up at the end.
  • Paula: I think it was pretty phenomenal and you are proving why you belong on that stage.
  • Simon: I have high hopes from you because you are one of the better singers and I have a horrible feeling that song may not be enough for you this week. It wasn't enough melody and I just don't feel good about it.
  • Goldie: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HIM!!!! I really hope America gives him a chance to show what he can do in the top 12! He is one of the best voices in the competition...he just didn't show it tonight.

07 PHIL STACEY: "How Can I Live Without You"

  • Randy: You got that big old voice, the high notes are great, but the lower register is very pitchy. But you are good and I like you.
  • Paula: Odd choice of song, I don't feel it was your best performance.
  • Simon: I just didn't get it and with the hat and big eyes was just very odd. Strange choice of song. Overall tonight it's a disappointing night going into the final 12.
  • Goldie: I was very nervous when he first started, but as usual.....he ended pretty well. But what was up with the song choice?? I would like to see how far he can go! He's won me over!

08 CHRIS SLIGH: "We All Wanna Be Loved"

  • Randy: I'm not sure that was my favorite song choice. It wasn't the best night for the boys, but you get the vocal award tonight!
  • Paula: You need to stretch more and take some risks. It wasn't my favorite performance for you.
  • Simon: You've done enough to make it to the finals, but it wasn't your best.
  • Goldie: His voice is soooo good to me. I really think he has potential to blow us out this season!

AMERICAN IDOL TUESDAY WAS A BIG SUCCESS!!! NOW LET'S VOTE TO KEEP OUR FAVES, AMERICA!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what a bad night. the only two that i thought did any good tonight were blake and chris richardson. last week they did so great and this week, it was just aweful. what happened? i just wanna know now who the 4 people are that randy and paula think should be in the top 12 and the 3&1/2 that simon thinks should!! I think its chris r, chris s, blake and phil, what does everyone else think?

9:01 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

chris r, chris s, blake, brandon... ok, brandon might be my own wishful thinking...

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i do think he is one of paula's picks, but im not so sure about randy and simon, i dont think they are too fond of him.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home