Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Round 2: The Guys

YAY!!! Another American Idol Tuesday night full of hopes and dreams! My dream for this week is we don't have another nauseatingly boring show like we had last week! If the guys don't bring it like I feel some of them can....I quit watching the guys!!!! (not really.....but, I'll want to) Just like any other addiction....just can't give it up!

Before we get started, I have to say......GO JENNIFER HUDSON!!!! MISS OSCAR WINNER!!! I was screaming, doing the happy dance and crying all at the same time! Pickles was hanging upside down and flapping his wings like he always does when he is excited (for those of you who don't know...Pickles is a bird) She did such a great job in the movie and was my favorite from season 3! I even got to meet her at the American Idol Finale right after she had won the role of Effie and she came out of the Kodak Theater to tell me all about it! I wish I knew what was going through her mind (it had to be such a surreal moment) standing on the stage where she wasn't "good" enough to win American Idol holding her Oscar! (YOU GO GIRL!!) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER!!!!

Now on with the show!!! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for something really good!!!

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "vote" to 57_ _


01 PHIL STACEY: "I Ain't Missing You At All"

  • Randy: You starting off the week right, that was hot!
  • Paula: I can hear how great the tone to your voice is. I can hear you on the radio.
  • Simon: I'm not jumping out of my chair. You are very popular. I'm not hearing anything unique just a really good karaoke singer. But you are not going anywhere, you will be here next week!
  • Goldie: He started the night off right for me!! I'm not jumping out of my chair either, but this guy really impressed me last week and he impressed me even more this week. I hope he stays around for a long time! He's very likeable and seems to be improving already which is a good sign to me!

02 JARED COTTER: "Let's Get It On"

  • Randy: You took a chance, but I liked it. Pitchy in parts, but the facial expressions were hot!
  • Paula: You're a good looking guy, but that is the kind of song you don't have to push...
  • Simon: I'm glad you make an attempt to make a statement, but it reminded me of the "Love Boat" cabaret show!
  • Goldie: I loved his performance! He was a bit pitchy in parts, but still fun for me! He just might be my Elliott Yamin this season!!!

03 A.J. Tabaldo: "I'm Feelin' Good"

  • Randy: It was so much better than last week and proved you got skills.
  • Paula: Props to you guys (band) and your tone was good and you showed how good you are.
  • Simon: That was actually nearly very good. You had some tune problems in the middle, but you made yourself different. You stood out and that was the first time we saw your Personality and you looked strangly comfortable doing that. (dance)
  • Goldie: I liked him much better than last week. I have to agree with all 3 judges.

04 SANJAYA MALAKAR: "Steppin' Out With My Baby"

  • Randy: You're a nice kid, I like you, but this was really wierd. It was like a high school talent show.
  • Paula: You sang on pitch. You have an old soul and you must love music of that genre. I like you but pick songs that celebrate your youth
  • Simon: A ghastly lunch where the children dress up and sing. Very weak, a little wierd, no impact. You were whispering part of that song.
  • Goldie: He's a very sweet guy with an ok voice. Not American Idol material. He's the kind I wish was really good because he's so nice.

05 CHRIS SLIGH: "Trouble"

  • Randy: You returned! You got skills! Good choice!
  • Paula: Watch your pitch and getting ahead of the music!
  • Simon: Tonight you were a very good singer!
  • Goldie: I love his voice! I didn't like the song choice...it was boring for me! But no doubt about it...Chris has a great voice and should stay.

06 NICK PEDRO: "Fever"

  • Randy: That was cool. You returned to your old self....smoky and sultry.
  • Paula: Love the tone of your voice. Just let go!
  • Simon: It was good. You lacked charisma.
  • Goldie: Very pitchy at times!!! I like Nick, but he will need to do a lot more to impress me! Nice voice, but just no charisma!

07 BLAKE LEWIS: "Virtual Insanity"

  • Randy: It's so good to see you return to who you are!
  • Paula: You are making smart choices. No one else like you in the competition.
  • Simon: I like you, this week the 1st part was copy cat, 2nd part original, 3rd part was pitchy. I was very disappointed this week.
  • Goldie: I love this guy! He's just fun! He showed his beat boxing/skatting skill a little tonight and that just made it more fun! A bit pitchy (actually....a lot pitchy) but good!

08 BRANDON ROGERS: "Time After Time"

  • Randy: I don't think it did enough for you vocally! Kind of boring.
  • Paula: I felt your heart, you don't have to oversing!
  • Simon: You have got to come out here when you are as talented as you are. This feeling it nonsense doesn't work! You're a good singer!
  • Goldie: I love Brandon! I liked him from the first audition until now, but I think he understates himself too much! He needs to bring it like I know he can!

09 CHRIS RICHARDSON: "Geek in the Pink"

  • Randy: I got to tell you Chris is in it to win it tonight! That was hotter than the original!
  • Paula: Does grandma know what "Geek in Pink" is?
  • Simon: You're somebody to watch...best tonight by a mile!
  • Goldie: Loved him! Very fun!

10 SUNDANCE HEAD: "Mustang Sally"

  • Randy: What a difference a week makes! Welcome back! You dropped a bomb on us tonight! That is the reason you are here! That was hot!
  • Paula:You have to bring it like that every week! That range is awesome...best vocal ever!!
  • Simon: I'm glad we have the Sundance back we really liked! Everyone was on their feet, but you can do better!
  • Goldie: Much better night for Sundance!!! Back to his old self that I loved in auditions!!

MUCH BETTER THAN LAST WEEK!! THANKS GUYS....AMERICAN IDOL TUESDAY WAS A BIG SUCCESS!!! NOW LET'S VOTE TO KEEP OUR FAVES, AMERICA!!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the show, and a celebrity came to see Phil Stacey -- no other celebrities came to see any other performers by name. Jeff Foxworthy was there, yes, but promoting his show -- not to see a particular performer. But PHIL STACEY touches the souls of so many top celebs with those powerful BLUE EYES. Can I get a 'yep yep' for his new nick name: BIGBLUE!

6:38 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

which celebrity was it? do tell. :)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that I love BLAKE LEWIS!!! He is my favorite. I love him and I love when he sings. Chris Richardson was also really good tonight. I do have to say all the guys did a much much better job this week and it made the show so much better. GO BLAKE!!!!!

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home