Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Congratulations Jennifer!


Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson... That has a very nice ring to it.

The most head-spinning week in Jennifer Hudson's life began with her singing at her childhood church in Chicago and culminated Sunday night with her accepting the movie world's highest honor before a Kodak Theatre packed with Hollywood's biggest stars and an international audience of millions.

"I have to just take this moment in," the tearful 25-year-old South Sider said as she accepted the best supporting actress Academy Award for her spotlight-seizing turn as Effie in the musical "Dreamgirls." "I cannot believe this. Look what God can do. I didn't think I was going to win. If my grandmother was here to see me now--she was my biggest inspiration. She had the passion for it, but she never had the chance."

Earlier in the evening, at Elton John's 15th annual Oscar viewing party to benefit the Elton John Aids Foundation, "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell waxed poetic on former "Idol" finalist Hudson.

"I feel like her foster parent," he said, beaming about the woman he once berated on "Idol."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to beautiful Jennifer!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home