Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Girls Night, 2

Last night the guys brought their A-game, and not to be outdone, the ladies threw down again tonight. Positively diva-licious!

Whether it's the numbers you need, the judges comments, or my 2 cents you're looking for, look no further! Well, just look below this little paragraph. ;)

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "Vote" to 57_ _

01 : Gina Glocksen" "
Randy: This is where you belong
Paula: 2 seasons ago, Carrie sang it, and we were really surprised then, but.. man! Really good.
Simon: Good choice of song. Vocals a bit forced at the end. I thought when we put you through that you were a little bit more edgy than this.
Carolyn: She dedicated the song to her boyfriend, Joe, who's been her rock through this process for the past 2 years. Gina's lookin' like Pat Benatar tonight... sort of a cross between Joan Jett and Pat Benatar, actually... and absolutely kickin ass vocally. Wow. I'm not a fan, but that was terrific! And.. she showed some humility tonight, which was quite refreshing from her, agreeing with Simon when he said she would never be a match vocally for some of the girls in this competition.

02 : Alaina Alexander "Not Ready to Make Nice "
Randy
: Well it started off well... It was a mess for me. All over the place.
Paula: It's a hard song to sing.
Simon: It was like Randy taking part in a 100 meter sprint. 3/4 of the way through he would run out of steam.. and so did you.
Carolyn: Sounding very good... but she just lost the red states. Gorgeous... but she didn't make it her own.. not even a little bit. On the plus side, she kinda reminded me of Jennifer Love Hewitt tonight - maybe there's a tv show in her future.


03 : Lakisha Jones "Midnight Train to Georgia "
Randy: What I love is that you flipped it up from last week. That was hot!
Paula: I loved it, and I love you.
Simon: Interesting dance at the end. You are a phenomenally good singer. Not as good as last week. You can afford to start acting like a big star, because you're going to be a big star. Didn't like the outfit.
Carolyn: I was concerned when Lakisha began her song. I mean, after last week, where did she have to go? But she worked it perfectly. She made us wait in anticipation for the big voice, and when she delivered, we couldn't have been more satisfied.

04 : Melinda Doolittle "My Funny Valentine"
Randy: We got a competition. Melinda came out to win it! That was hot!
Paula: To me that was just astounding. You phrased that song so beautifully. I applaud you.
Simon: That was incredible. Without question, the best vocal we've had on this show. You are a breath of fresh air.
Carolyn: The only woman on the show who could possibly follow LaKisha.. truly... to put anyone else in this postition would just be inhumane. Melinda is vocal perfection. She is fabulous. And she absolutely nailed it! For the love of all that is good and holy, please vote your fingers off for this woman!

05 : Antonella Barba "Because You Loved Me"
Randy: On the positive side, you're a drop dead gorgeous girl. But that song was way too big for you. I wish I could sing like Celine too...
Paula: Antonella, you made leaps and bounds from last week.
Simon: Very tough, Antonella. The problem was, most of the vocals just weren't good enough. I thought you were worst than last week.
Carolyn: This young lady has had a hell of a week. For her to have the courage to stand on this stage and sing tonight is huge. That being said, she again chose a song that was too big for her. Way too big. It was nice karaoke. Nothing more.


06 : Jordin Sparks "When Will my Reflection Show... "
Randy: That piece made you really emotional about your brother. ("yeah") I am so so impressed with where you are and the ability that you have.
Paula: There's something about you that's infectious. You're just a good good human being. I know you're gonna be around for a really long time.
Simon: It wasn't your best, but compared to a lot of other people, it was excellent.
Carolyn: She had a rough start due to the emotion of the dedication , but Jordin kept it together and followed the directions from last week - she chose a big song for her big voice. I agree with the judges on this one. She seems a terrific kid, and very, very talented. I think she'll be around for the top 12, and she deserves it.


07 : Stephanie Edwards "Dangerously in Love"
Randy
: You look hot. You sang your face off. But.. it's a little Beyonce light to me. Don't worry about copying her.
Paula: I think you were fantastic, brilliant.
Simon: I have to agree with Paula. You're not just taking part in the competition, putting your mark down. I thought it was a terrific.
Carolyn: Stephanie has "it." She has that star quality... that presence that makes you want to pay attention. From the moment she takes the stage.... Oh, and by the way, being compared to Beyonce.. not such a terrible thing.

08 : Leslie Hunt "It's a New Dawn"
Randy: It's definitely good to see you return to your jazzy scattin kind of thing. It was pitchy for me. Just a'ight.
Paula: You're being you. You're back in your element.
Simon: You've just been whacked by 3-4 big big voices before you. It was better than last week, but not many people are going to remember this performance over the others.
Carolyn: For me, it was surprisingly good... interesting... not voting for her, but good. She has a very jazz club feel to her.. small jazz club.

09 : Haley Scarnato "Queen of the Nile"
Randy
: It wasn't great for me. Vocally it just wasn't on point.
Paula: Leaps and bounds better than last week.
Simon: A for effort. No one can say you didn't give it a go. If you're gonna take on a Whitney song, you do it at your own peril, because you're always going to be compared. I'd say you're one of 3 girls in peril tonight.
Carolyn: Aaaaack! It's karaoke time - starring pre-heroin, white, sub-standard voice Whitney. Buh-bye Hayley. We hardly knew ya.

10 : Sabrina Sloan "All the Man I Need "
Randy: Nice one. Some moments when you lost touch with the pitch.
Paula: I love you. You are fantastic. You are a big contender in this competition.
Simon: I don't think you should sing Whitney. I preferred you last week. You'll be back next week.
Carolyn: Sabrina, unlike Haley, may sing all the Whitney she needs or wants.

Let the dialing begin!! Please let us know who you're voting for and how easily you're able to get through, so we can make an educated guess about tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so tonight was pretty good for some, not so great for others. antonella sucked big time and she really needs to go home. is it possible to get worse as time goes by? haley and alaina arent doing so good. but sabrina was wonderful!!! i know melinda is the best, but i cant help but love sabrina. she has such a great voice and a beautiful personality to go with it. so, that is who i voted for, the one time i was able to get through. so, i dont see her leaving anytime soon.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

I'm with you on Sabrina, Susan!! She is so quite I forget about her and then she sings and blows me away! So far she is my female "Elliott Yamin" this season. He sort sneaked in and stole my heart (and my votes) last time!!!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home