Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Oh Sabrina

I'm stunned. Just stunned. Sabrina Sloan is out? Haley Scarnato is in? Down is up. Up is down. I can only hope that some hungry R&D guy from some big label saw the show tonight, and signs her tomorrow morning. To think otherwise is impossible. It just doesn't compute. Sabrina is the total package... a killer voice, amazing stage presence, gorgeous, and marketable as hell. This is a huge mistake. You could almost see the dollar signs draining from Simon's face (and his bank account) when Ryan delivered the news.

I don't even have to check vote for the worst to know that Haley and Sanjaya will be their new picks. Which brings me to my next complaint: Sanjaya over Sundance? Granted, Sanjaya is adorable, though I was not digging the ironed out hair, but he just doesn't have the pipes. Sundance's performances have gotten consistently stronger, while Sanjaya's have deteriorated. When I saw Sanjaya's numbers jump once the west coast started voting, I had a feeling we were in for trouble, but I still held out some hope. It just doesn't make sense.

What we have here is a failure to communicate...

Or a failure to comprehend that this is not a student council election. This is a singing competition. Until that is respected and acknowledged, the entire show becomes suspect.

What are your thoughts?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What we have here is a hot mess!

just me!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, I am still in shock! Haley sucks and should have already been gone, but to choose her over Sabrina must mean she has a huge fan base in her hometown, or her parents are rich and are paying people to vote for her!!!! (what else could it be?) Thanks for letting me sound off...Lovinlife363

7:21 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

happens every year... but usually a little later. i'm sticking with my earlier prediction that stephanie will be the next big shocker.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I will be watching
Survivor tonight for sure!!!
Thanks Dish gals for all
your great info...

Debi (-:

7:55 PM  
Blogger Lloralleaves said...

It was weird, but I liked the ironed hair! LOL And we all know who will be going next, so it'll "iron out" the top six, if we don't have anymore really off-the-wall results!
Go Melinda!!!!
We love you!!!
XO Llora

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Sanjaya is votefortheworst pick now, so we will probably see alot more of him. but, he really doesnt sing that bad and once he gets a coach, maybe he will actually be good. we shall see!!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Goldie said...

I miss her already!!!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunned isn't even the word for it. a bunch of idiots voted last night, THAT'S for sure! to take out Sundance, Sabrina and Jared and put in Hailey, Sanjaya (of all fricking people) and Phil is laughable. if Sanjaya makes the tour, i'll will puke!

9:03 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

don't all of the top 12 make the tour? >>>hands bridget a barf bag<<<

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home