Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Girls Night 3

Come on, Comcast!! I've got blogging to do! It's Girrrrrls Night!! Melinda! LaKisha! Stephanie! Jordin! Sabrina! Diiiivaaaas!!!!

Oh.. and in case you've forgotten, vote-for-the-worst is encouraging their 2 million people to vote like mad for Antonella. What does this mean to you? Well, If you want her gone, you have to vote your little hearts out for everyone else... or at least someone else... ya gotta be devoted to it.

So, whether it's the numbers you need, the judges comments, or my 2 cents you're looking for, look no further! Well, just look below this little paragraph. ;)

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "Vote" to 57_ _

01 Jordin Sparks: "Heartbreaker"
Randy: It's like a different show when the girls come out. Not your best performance, and a little pitchy, but still better than all the boys last night.
Paula: You are exploding into your artistry.
Simon: Bit manic. Bit shrieky. You've done well though, and I think we'll see you in the top 12.
Carolyn: Jordin looks gorgeous tonight! Is it just me, or has she dropped a few pounds since the show began? I'm a Jordin fan. That being said, I agree with Simon - this was not her best, and it was a bit manic in the middle. Still, loads better than anything we saw last night, and she brought incredible energy to it.

02 Sabrina Sloan: "Don't Let Go "
Randy: i wanted more melody.
Paula: You can sing, sing, sing.
Simon: You're a great singer, but it's lacking the emotion of your key competitors: Melinda, Lakisha, Stephanie. All a bit mechanical for me.
Carolyn: Sabrina takes me by surprise every week. This week was no different. Every time I see her, I think, isn't she famous already?

03 Antonella Barba: "3 Little Birds"
Randy: Just another ok performance for me.
Paula: I think it was the right song choice for you.
Simon: You've gone as far as you can go, Antonella. You are surrounded by some pretty amazing girl singers. I feel for you. You've taken a lot of stick in the media, and you've handled yourself well. I just wish you were singing better.
Carolyn: Her best performance yet. May it be her last. I'm just done with this saga. Would someone please do us all a favor and install shocking devices on the cel phones of all the adolescent boys in america tonight? Please.

04 Haley Scarnato: "If my Heart had Wings"
Randy: A very interesting song choice. it's ok. pretty much in tune. No pizazz, no wow. No Yo.
Paula: You sang it well and you look good up there.
Simon: I thought it was horrible. Just horrible. And I'll tell you the problem, I don't know your name. You haven't made enough of an impression.
Carolyn: Nice, but boring... You can join Antonella.

05 Stephanie Edwards: "You Are My Heat"
Randy: Just ok for me, really.
Paula: I thought you were darn near flawless. You've got a beautiful voice and great showmanship.
Simon: No question, you're one of the best we've got. For me, you have 100% done enough tot sing your way into the final 12 next week.
Carolyn: Stephanie has a hellofa voice, and a very good presence. I think she's a shoe-in for the top 12, but I also get the sinking feeling that she'll be the one who's eliminated too early this season.

06 Lakisha Jones: "I have nothing"
Randy: Another great performance by the great Lakisha.
Paula: You've already made us love you. You're gonna stay right here and work on becoming the next idol.
Simon: You brought passion, believability, etc... And tonight, you look beautiful.
Carolyn: You had me at hello. From the first note... as it should be. As if she needed to prove anything to anyone, Lakisha took the stage and commanded the audience from the moment she opened her mouth. Just beautiful. Thank you. Kudos to the stylist tonight too. DIAL!!!

07 Gina Glocksen: "Don't Cry to Me"
Randy: Finally, the real Gina comes out tonight. This is who I always thought you were. keep the edge alive.
Paula: I completely agree. Watch the oversinging. Other than that, this is the style that suits you best.
Simon: It's the first time I've seen you look comfortable. I really really hope you make it through to next week. You deserve to be there.
Carolyn: I can't explain it, really. I just don't like her. Maybe it's the early cockiness that set me off. It's certainly not her voice. She has a terrific rocker-chick vibe to her. I guess I just want more from MY American Idol.

08 Melinda : "Cuz I'm a Woman"
Randy: {I was so blown away by Melinda's performance, I didn't even hear what Randy and Paula said}
Paula:
Simon: You little tiger. I thought we had a pussycat. It is very very nice that you are actually enjoying every moment on this show. A million percent we're gonna see you next week.
Carolyn: Um.. how can I put this? So you really get my sentiment? SO it's just as clear as a bell how I feel about Melinda and her performance tonight?
VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!

Now if only I could post this. 9pm still out. 9:30 :(. 10:00. Unreal.

Crap.

I really pride myself on timely posts, and this is embarassing.

OK... It's now after 11pm eastern time, and my broadband's still out. Comcast really and truly sucks. This is the 8th outage in less than a month. I apologize for the tardiness in posting this... Whenever it is I finally do get to post it.

Midnight... still out. 1am.. I give up.

7am.. still out. Call and gripe at Comcast some more...

10:30am: FINALLY!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i was wondering what happened to you, i was actually a little worried cus you always post and if the blogs are down you post a bulletin, so i was a little worried about you, never thought about the net being down! anyhow, i agree with pretty much everything you said and i hope jordin doesnt sing another song like that, it just didnt show her talent and gina really did rock it out but i have never really liked her. sabrina was my favorite of the night even though lakisha and melinda were better than her. stephanie was very good too, but i dont think she has shown us her full potential. the sad thing is dial idol is predicting haley and stephanie for leaving, stephanie is actually in last place!! thats so sad. i was so worried about getting my votes in for sabrina that i didnt vote for anyone else, which im happy i did get them in for sabrina because she was their first prediction to leave, but then it changed to stephanie, which also makes me sad, but happy that sabrina isnt going to leave. anyhow, i hope idol does something and boots antonella instead of stephanie, i know its not likely, but a girl can dream!!

8:02 AM  
Blogger nycgirl4eternity said...

Lakisha has my vote. Both talent and style last night. And, yes, kudos to the stylist who stepped her game into a whole other league! Does anyone know what brand of shoes Lakisha was wearing? They were simply gorgeous.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home