Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hollywood Slaughter

Pop, pop, fizzle. With very few exceptions, that about sums up the night. Perhaps it was editing. I'm willing to give the Idol hopefuls the benefit of the doubt. It's hard to shine when your song is reduced to a 7 second sound bite. Harder still when your future on the show is dependent exclusively upon your abitlity to blend with other vocalists with zero direction and less compatibility... in a show that's all about soloists.

I get it. The group round is all about commitment and adaptability. Still doesn't make it fair... but what in Hollywood is? It reminds me of a headline from Variety years ago, somewhere near 1990... "NAACP Cites Cronyism, Bias in Entertainment Industry." This headline had me laughing out loud. It might as well have said, "Sky is Blue." One, like the other, is simply not news.

Thankfully, Goldie'll be around in a little bit to give the full rundown on the evening, but I had to get my thoughts in... just for the record... Sky is Still Blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home