Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWIERD!!!

Does anyone else love Hollywierd week as much as me? After all of the bad.....we finally have a room full of good.....yet, somehow....it's still...bad??? I'm just a bit surprised (and very happy) the Idol execs didn't drag this thing out for another week.

172 people received their coveted golden tickets and have arrived in Oz to pursue their dreams of stardom. Old and new friends excitedly take the stage at the historical Orpheum theater and the drama really begins!

Day 1 had the girls center stage and with more than twice the number than the guys, early cuts were expected....just not 6 with one fell swoop! I was very sad to see my army girl, Rachel Jenkins and New Yorker, Porcelana cut on the first day. The last contestant of the day, Nicole Turner sang for her mother and was sent packing, but not before mom, Eleanor Tatton, made an appeal to the judges. Simon lost at least 2 fans, (I'm not one of them) after obnoxiously shouting "his opinion" at Nicole that is wasn't the song choice, but the singer. Nicole and mom left in a bit of a huff and Paula shouted at Simon.....(nothing new)! In all 56 girls are cut.

Day 2 brought the guys to the frontlines and USS Ronald Regan Idol, Jarrod Fowler is cut and leaves with one of the classiest attitudes I have ever seen on the show! (Best of luck, Jarrod!)
My little Matt Sato, (ya know, "My mom is proud of me" guy), broke my heart....again...when after he goes through, calls his mom with the great news and we hear her excitedly proclaim her love. He then says "she never says she loves me, either".....does anybody else want to just hug him??? 34 make it through to the next round.

Day 3 are the groups, but the night before....drama, drama, DRAMA!!! This is the night friendships are tested to the limits....I've always wondered just how many actually survive. (If there is anyone out there that have survived Hellweek with their friendship still intact.....would ya just give a shout out and let me know?..Thanks;) Nothing new happened. Everyone got really excited. Groups were formed. There were fights, tears, flirting, horrible dancing, forgotten lyrics, insults, some members not working, unwanted pointers given, more fights....(did I miss anything?)

The judges' pet peeve of forgotten lyrics was the weapon of choice and many contestants like Matt Sato, were caught in the cross fire. Colombiam Diva, Perla is sent home since personality alone does not make you a star (another very classy exit....I'll miss her!)
Even though early on in the rehearsals, it didn't look like the dance moves were going to work...at all....beatboxer Blake Lewis, Rudy Cardenas, Tomas Lowe and Chris Sligh were the best of the day and in my opinion...the best of all the seasons I have seen...(I've seen them all).
As great as he is, Sundance Head forgot his lyrics and still made it through, causing another conflict between Paula and Simon, who thought she was too generous. At least Sundance admitted his mistake and was a bit shocked at his luck.
Best friends Antonella Barba and Amanda Coluccio joined Baylie Brown and all three girls seemed so scared, I thought they would possibly wet themselves! Baylie was the casualty of the group and confronted the other members since she felt she had worked harder than the bff's and was not rewarded. Somehow, I think this may be the friendship that will not last??
In total, 36 were cut from group day and with just one day left to impress the judges, the contestants went back to their rooms with thoughts of which song to sing to give them the edge.

Day 4 separated bff's Antonella and Amanda as Antonella made it through to the next round for one final test. Brother and sister Sanjaya and Shymali Malakar were also separated when Sanjaya was passed through. (Did anyone else cry too?? I guess I'm just a big softie, but I love their sibling bond!) Tomorrow we find out the top 24 list...I can't wait! Even though some of my favorites were cut tonight, I still have a few left and of course...I have new favorites. What would an American Idol season be if we didn't fall in and out of love with the contestants every week?

2 Comments:

Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Yayyy Goldie! :) Well done! I may have been a little too grumpy from my stomach flu...

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it show how much fun I've been having....maybe I'm a little too giddy!! lol Hope you feel better soon!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home