Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Perchance to dream

If you've ever doubted the sincerity of some of the idol hopefuls, here's a blurb I pulled from one of their blogs. This young man seemed quite willing to risk his full tuition scholarship to university for a shot at AI.

WOW So...AI auditions are gonna interfere w/ school...is it smart or selfish for me to risk my full tuition scholarship to take a chance @ my dream?
If I can raise at least $500 within the next two weeks I'll be able to fly out to San Fransisco and audition there and not have to worry about interfering with school. If I can't, then I'll go to Chicago and miss a week of college. That means that I'll also put my full tuition on the line...if I get my full tuition taken away and I don't make it anywhere then I'll have lost double...To what extent would you go to try and further your dream career?


How would you have advised this young man?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would have told him that he should find a way to get the money so it doesnt interfere with school. because even if he does make it all the way to the end, nothing is better than an education and for him to get a completely free education is such a blessing that he would totally regret it if he threw it all away.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home