Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Friday, February 02, 2007

Hudson Abuse

Not all that glitters is gold. Former idol favorite and current Golden Globe winner and Oscar nominee, Jennifer Hudson, remembers idol as an abusive experience. Be that as it may, it's what got her noticed. No Idol=No Audition for Dreamgirls.

AP, Feb 1, 2007

Jennifer Hudson blasts American Idol as 'abusive'

American Idol star Jennifer Hudson has blasted the TV talent show as “abusive”.

The Dreamgirls actress says although her experience on its 2002 season left her emotionally battered, it only made her more focused on being a singing success.

"On American Idol, you go through this mental thing; you've got to get yourself back together. You've been abused, misled and brainwashed to believe whatever they want you to think,” Hudson explains.

"You become a character - I became the girl in the turkey wrapping. I just knew I had to sing my way out of it. I don't believe in looking back, and I didn't look back."

Oscar-nominee Hudson will perform Love You I Do at the Academy Awards later this month. The track is nominated for the Best Song award.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home