Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Memphis Recap

Well boys and girls, Memphis delivered one heck of a little singer in Melinda Doolittle. What a surprising treat. What pipes! She's like an ivory soap girl - great skin and beautiful features... I hope her self-confidence builds with each new week in the competition.

Next to her, I felt like it was weird beard night... the furry guy had that sorta amish thing going, but he got VERY high praise from Simon after he left the room.. something to the effect of having blown Taylor outta the water. Hmph. He was very good... but I wouldn't go that far. Then there was the Jesus/Castro dude... hellova voice there too, but I had to close my eyes to appreciate it, cuz the look was just so odd. I like both of 'em, but I'd like to introduce them both to the wonders of Gillette.

I found myself disagreeing with 2 of the judges choices tonight: I would have put cheerleader guy through to hollywood, and worked with him to suck out the schmaltz... and although he was very sweet, new daddy (of 3) would have gotten the boot from me - tooooo nasal.

Also, I definitely could have done without the all too predictable bad singer Elvis montage.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home