Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

5 Quick Points

1. Has modern dentistry not made it to the Pacific Northwest?
2. Just because you say, "I'm not being rude, but..." doesn't mean you're not being rude.
3. I LOVE Blake's Dad. Blake the Beat Box kid... His ultra supportive dad had me shedding a tear.
4. Hooray for Bollywood! The Malakar siblings were lovely.. and talented.
5. OMG.. Jordan Sparks!! the super cute 16 year old whose dad played basketball... whatta voice. She's a natural. If she can keep it together, I'm predicting her for final 12.

And now... Goldie's take on the night... ;) (She's spoiling me!)

Here we go with night 2!!!

Pickles (my parakeet) is taking turns, hiding, spitting and cussing!!! (We are only on the first audition) Aside from the absolute hideous "talent" (and I use that word loosely) .... can we say plastic surgery gone wrong????? .....somehow I think the "Hotness" scared the hot out of hell! WOW!!!!!

Is it just me or do you think the judges lock the one door on purpose so after the contestants are completely humiliated, running to the door in tears, they slam into it full force and fall over backwards??? I suppose it could be the judges way of getting back at the contestants for putting them through the endless .....torture is the only word that comes to mind.

Amy Salgado....Amy, Amy, Amy....why do I always want these people who seem so sincere and have such a sweet disposition with the heartbreaking story about their children, spouse, mom, etc....to sound good??? Somhow I've learned that when they say "Music is my life" with tears in their eyes, it's more than likely gonna be a rough ride. Stick with the radio, honey!!!

Dontcha wish you were as hot as Misha?? How 'bout Momma Misha?? Hello Pussycat!! (somehow the pussycats of the world are hissing with raised backhair in my mind)

Do you really think these people are sincere?? If music is their life, do they realize they don't sound like the music they are playing???? I have to say..I'm a little sadistic..I love the laugh, but some of it is just painful.

I'm beginning to think they need to revive the Swan and take it to Seattle! I've never seen so many strange looking people in one place before....and I've travelled a lot (plus I live close to New Orleans.....eek!) Some of the contestants actually looked like they were in a costume and they weren't!

Thomas Daniels....was he really that good or was everyone else really, really bad??? I vote...both!! He had a nice soothing voice, but unless he comes up with something else.....not a contender! But we'll see after Hollywood Hell Week! Some of the best lose it there.

(I'm beginning to see why Paula may possibly be on medication--either that or she's created multiple personalities to help her cope with the trauma of the audition process) Although I liked net girl's personality, I have to agree with Simon...What was she wearing??

Beat-boxing, Ryan Seacrest look-a-like, Blake Lewis with a 'tude!! Ok voice...but Seal should never be sung with a Michael Buble/Frank Sinatra vibe (of course that is just my opinion)-not a bad voice but confused as to what style be may be most suited for. I loved his Dad more than him...can Dad come to Hollywood, too??

I loved Shymali Malakar...not great, but sweet and potentially...really, really good. The same with the brother Sanjaya....although both were nervous and not really confident in their ability...could this be age??? Hard to say since so many "youngsters" have blown that theory out of the water in past seasons!

Self-taught musician...what about that phrase scares me??? Oh yeah....Nicholas Zitzman....I think that's enough on that subject! (I think I saw Paula leave her body during this audition....Simon and Randy joined her and my baby bird just ripped out a feather) At least he used the correct door! So why do I wish he hadn't?

Did anyone else see Rudy Cardenas sailing through with Paula and especially Randy after he announced his song choice??? (It just wouldn't be AI without Randy mentioning playing the bass with Journey, would it??) Back to Rudy..Cute dimple---nice voice, just ok for me..not great, but this is Seattle....what else have they given us? I could possibly have made it in Seattle!

Kenneth Briggs and Jonathan Jayne..AI6's BFF's..omg...do I see David Hasselhoff surprising them at the finale this year??? Are there any boy bands that need a choreographer??? I think if singing doesn't work out for Kenneth, Wade Robson needs to watch his back!!! And Jonathan....God Bless America....with an extra special blessing for Seattle!!! Please!!!!

Taylor Hick's long lost twin brother, minus the talent, Hairstylist Eric Chapman not only scared Simon, he scared me, too! Something about a scissor wielding crazy man that goes in a trance to picture the whole head of hair as he cuts....

6'7" with heels Anna demanded "Respect" and got it, but not from Simon (big surprise)....

Jordan Sparks!!! Seriously...she totally sparks!! I loved her! Too cute...did she remind anyone else of America Ferrera? The not so Ugly Betty! My favorite so far!!!! Unbelievable control!!! LOVE HER!!!!!! (The 16 year olds are my favorite so far this year)

I have a feeling after tonight I may cry or just curl up into a fetal position and suck my thumb when I hear the Pussycat Dolls sing "Dontcha"....which used to be a favorite, because it was fun...now it's just....well terrifying!!

Steven "Red" Thoen...I swear, if you close your eyes, you would never know it wasn't Freddy Mercury!!! EERIE!!! I love it when Coach Simon is "not being rude"!!

Sorry, girls!! There was so much to critique tonight that I just couldn't stop!!! I can't wait until next week for the fun to continue! TTFN!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey....enjoyed reading your reviews.....soo funny....but....hehehe i am goin to be seen in an episode soon and am anxious to hear yor thoughts.....now im not gonna tell u my name...cuz i wanna hear the truth....so, we will see. .and i hope u likey me dawling;-)

7:30 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

do we at least get a hint? male? female?

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was is just me are were there WAY too many commercials?!?! Also, I wish they would have shown audition clips of all of the people going through to Hollywood... there weren't that many last night. The bad ones are funny, but I feel bad for the people. I'd like to see more good ones .. more "Chris Daughtry" moments like last year! But, I'm still having fun! Yea, it's AI season again!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home