Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Friday, May 18, 2007

Things that make you go Hmmm...

It happens every season. One of the fansites associated with one of the reality stars sets up a paypal account to gift the star with this or that. This time, one has been set up to buy flowers - lots of flowers - for Melinda, and while I do not doubt the sincerity or good intent of the bloggers, it does give me pause.

On first glance, I think it's a very sweet idea, but the more I think about it, it dawns on me that Melinda, being a spiritual person, would probably rather the money go to something actually worthwhile - like a children's charity... or that people volunteer for something in her honor... or that the flowers be sent to people in the hospital. The Old, the young, the indigent.... Hmm.. now there's a thought. How about sending the bouquets to old age homes? Or better yet, going and visiting an elderly person in a nursing home and bringing the flowers with you... Or to a children's hospital...

I just can't imagine her wanting people to send their hard earned money for a bunch of flowers she wont have time to appreciate, space to house, and that will die in no time flat.

Just my opinion.

If you are inspired to send her flowers, here's the link to the blog that's collecting for them: TeamDoolittleBlog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home