Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Lakisha's Exit Interview


'American Idol' Season Six Exit Interviews from aol.com

Lakisha Jones
Eliminated: May 9
Age: 27
Hometown: Houston, Texas

Do you think being an early favorite worked against you?
It did. Everyone wanted the 'And I'm Telling You' moment every week. And when you're singing different genres of music, those styles don't necessarily have that "big song" that everybody is expecting every week. I think I did the best with what I was given.

What did your daughter have to say about your elimination?
I was crying last night, and she wiped my face and said, "Mommy, I'm not mad." I thought that was really cute. She was telling me she's proud of me.

So ... is Simon a good kisser?
He is a good kisser, and I would do it again. His lips were really soft and thin.

What were your most and least favorite comments from Simon?
My favorite: "You're in a league all your own." And my least favorite: "You're shouting."

What are your plans now?
I'm going on tour and after that, hopefully I'll be recording.

What kind of album?
I don't know yet, but I'd say sassy and soulful with a little inspiration.

On results night, you seemed to brace yourself to go home? Did you know you'd be going home?
I knew on Tuesday I was hoarse, and I tried to sing past it and give it my all. On 'American Idol,' you can't say, "My voice is jacked up." I knew last night that those weren't the best songs, but I did the best with what I was given.

Why did you do two songs by former winners?
Because they were two winners, and I was thinking about the message in the songs. I was going through some things, so I sang 'Jesus Take the Wheel' [by Carrie Underwood]. I was like, "I can't do this competition by myself, so Lord, you're going to have to help me get through it." I sang 'I Believe' [by Fantasia] because I do believe in myself and no matter what happens, God has a plan for me and I will be successful.

Your original Tuesday night dress got destroyed at the dry cleaners. How did that affect you?
It actually was a blouse. It just messed me all up. In my mind, when you go on stage you become a character. And I kind of needed that blouse. It gave me that extra umph and made me feel sassy.

Which of the Top 10 are you the most anxious to see again on tour?
Probably Sanjaya Malakar. I miss him jumping all over the place. He just has this energy, you know?

What did you like about him?
He was like a little brother that got on your nerves all the time. He'd be jumping all over the place, and he just had this energy. I appreciate the fact that he trusted my judgment, took my advice and was there for me when I needed him.

What is the first thing you are going to splurge on?
A new home for me and my daughter. I don't ever want to rent again. I don't even have to have anything in it. I just want to open the door and let my baby run through the house.

How do you feel about coming in fourth? How does it square with your expectations?
Only thing I can say is look at Chris Daughtry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Lakisha will get an album. Look at Chris Daughtry! He didn't win last year...but he is blowing all the contestants last year out of the water. Now I heard the one song from Katharine, and it's good. And Elliot Yasmin has a song out too. But Chris Daughtry made it! I haven't heard one song from Taylor. Well ladies...have a great Saturday! :)

Candy :) aka Kandra on myspace!

3:14 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Loving you, Kandra! I didn't even post a bulletin, and here you are! :) MWAH!!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

That was a cool interview.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home