Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol Final 3 Show Down!

Phone 1-866-436-57_ _ or Text the word "Vote" to 57_ _

Round 1 - Judges Choice:

01 & 04 & 07 JORDIN SPARKS "WISHING ON A STAR"

  • RANDY: Wow. SO this is the point in the seasn when I'm really trying to see who's in it to win it. That was a hot vocal. Kinda a little Beyonce in there!
  • PAULA: Great way to start the show.
  • SIMON: You sang it brilliantly, Jordin. I just wish we hadn't done the weird jazz arrangement with it.
  • CAROLYN: I love this song. Love this girl! I can't help but smile when Jordin sings, and she just gets better each time.

02 & 05 & 08 BLAKE: "ROXANNE"

  • RANDY: Great great performance. pretty good vocal. All in all, I gotta give you an A on that. That was hot!.
  • *PAULA: It was good it was fresh. i really loved it.
  • SIMON: It was good. It wasn't great.
  • CAROLYN: Mmmm.. just ok for me, really. I'm a huge Sting fan, though, so...


03 & 06 & 09 MELINDA "I Believe in You and Me"

  • *RANDY: That was hot. You blew it out the box. Very well done.
  • PAULA: You were fantastic, amazing, and one of your best performances.
  • SIMON: Very difficult song to sing. I think it was your best performance in the last 4 weeks. Round one goes to Melinda.
  • CAROLYN: I am loving Randy for this choice for Melinda. Perfect. Now if we can just get the grown-ups to dial...



ROUND 2: PRODUCER'S CHOICE....

01 & 04 & 07 JORDIN SPARKS "She Works Hard for the Money"
or text "Vote" to 5701

Sorry!! Had to re-boot! :( Acccckkkk!!!

  • RANDY: !
  • PAULA: .
  • *SIMON:
  • CAROLYN: .

02 & 05 & 08 BLAKE: "THIS LOVE"

  • RANDY: When you decide to put out an album, that's the kind of vibe you should do.
  • PAULA: This is a good night for you.
  • SIMON: Actually, I preferred that song to the first one. You sounded very comfortable. It didn't sound like a copycat performance.
  • CAROLYN's Mother Judi: I think he was great. I love him! How can people even vote? They should all win. Wouldn't that be nice if they all won? :)


03 & 06 & 09 MELINDA "Nutbush City Limits"

  • RANDY: Another great performance from you. WHen you make your record, you should put some of that in there.
  • PAULA: You look like you had a blast up there. What else can we say: we love you love you love you.
  • SIMON: Love that side of you. i thought it was actually, again, another brilliant performance.
  • CAROLYN: Not a very well-known tune, but Melinda still killed with it! hehe.. back to channelling her inner Tina Turner... Goooo Rocker Chick, Melinda!


Round 3 - Artists Choice:

01 & 04 & 07 JORDIN "I Who Have Nothing"

  • RANDY: I think that was your best performance of the night. Nice control.
  • PAULA: It really sat well in your voice, and how it built.
  • SIMON: There's no disputing the fact that you sang that very well, but there was a part of me that hated the fact that a 17 year old was singing a 60 year old song.
  • CAROLYN: We love you too, honey. That was wonderful.



02 & 05 & 08 BLAKE "When I Get You Alone"

  • RANDY: It was a-ight, man.
  • PAULA: I think you had 3 great performances tonight.
  • SIMON: I actually really liked that. This is what I've liked about you throughout the competition - you take risks and you look like you're having fun.
  • CAROLYN:Far and away his best performance of the night... No one knows Blake as well as he knows himself. It speaks well for his album - hopefully he'll be making the choices.



03 & 06 & 09 MELINDA "Cuz I'm a Woman"

  • RANDY: YoYo. I'm seeing the range of M.D. You can sing the phone book!
  • PAULA: Melinda you're fantastic.
  • SIMON: Love the little striptease at the top. If I'm gonna award a place in the final to the person who's consistently delivered week after week, it's you.
  • CAROLYN: Didn't she sing this song already? Very well, to be sure, but I don't know about the choice to do it again. Still, she's got my votes. Tonight, I fear she needs them. :(

6 Comments:

Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

VOTE!!!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

All three rocked it out tonight, but my votes are going to Jordin.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ladies!

Melinda shined the BEST! then Jordin, and Blake I have a feeling is going home. He will get a record deal no problem, but the girls really shown their stuff tonite! My fav from the beginning has been Melinda! I love her to death! Don't get me wrong, Jordin is amazing too. But my wish is for Melinda to win! You go Melinda!

great job on the blog as always ladies!

Kandra from myspace!

Candy :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

...I just finished my voting extravaganza for Jordin. I tapped out at "200".

It became a game for me to see how long I could keep hitting redial.

At first I stopped at 150, then decided to go to 175...but, I couldn't resist only being 25 redials away from 200, so I went the rest of the way.

7:55 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Thanks for all the comments! :)

Can I start breathing again, or should I wait till tomorrow night?

I think definitely I should wait till the west coast votes.

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my voting for Jordin when I
could finally get through, the
lines were busy for more then an
hour.... uuuuuuurrrrrrrgggggggg

I didn't get 200 in but maybe 20..
LOL

I think Blake may be going home...
Melinda was awesome as always but
Jordin will make a great AI!!!!

Debi (-:

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home