Idol Dish

All the Dish that's fit to print about American Idol!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Did Your Favorite Make It Through??? Mine Did!!

Other reality shows always promise the most dramtic night of television, but American Idol has delivered this every season with the Wednesday night results show.... and tonight is the most dramatic other than the finale for me. I'm always on the edge of my seat, biting my nails wondering if my favorites made it through or if I'll find a new favorite in the group. The last two years I have picked most of the top 24, but as we all know....nothing on American Idol is ever a sure thing. This season promies to be no different.

Due to only hearing small sound bites of some of the Idol hopefuls and none from some of the others, there is always one or two that sort of sneak in and win my vote. Of course, some that I thought were going to be fantastic turn out to be the one person I wish would just go home. We've all seen how some of the best completely lose it during Hollywood week and how some of the worst shine brighter than even they could have imagined.

This season has two background singers who have decided to try it solo, two returning Idol contestants from season 5 auditions, a beatbox champion, Jack Obsorne look-a-like and several that unknowns! Since we are at the mercy of the judges in the beginning, we have to believe they have made a good choice, but next week....it's in our hands!

Here is our Top 24!!


Top 12 Girls:

Melinda Doolittle
Gina Glocksen
Haley Scarnato
Jordan Sparks
Stephanie Edwards
Leslie Hunt
Alaina Alexander
Sabrina Sloan
Lakisha Jones
Nicole Tranquillo
Amy Krebs
Antonella Barba


Top 12 Guys:

Sanjaya Malakar
Brandon Rogers
Philip Stacy
Chris Sligh
Blake Lewis
Rudy Cardenas
A.J. Tabaldo
Paul Kim
Nick Pedro
Chris Richardson
Jared Cotter
Sundance Head

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone *pleeeze* tell me what happened to Henry Bejarano? I would have pegged him for a finalist, but he seems to have disappeared off the radar.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

8:33 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

No idea. Sorry :(

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave made it, Blake Lewis!!!!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok here are my picks for the top 24. This is my first year watching past the first episode, carolyn made me keep watching and now im addicted, so i really dont have anything to compare to, but from what i have seen so far, here are my choices. Lets start with my #1 Jared Cotter so far i loved his audition and havent seen much else of him, but from what i have he is my favorite that is left...#2 Amy Krebs havent seen much of her, but what they showed last night, i really like her! #3 Blake Lewis, he is a great singer and entertainer, try to tell me you didnt enjoy every time he got on stage!!...#4 goes to Chris Sligh aka Jack Osbourne. I like him, he is a great singer as well as entertainer also, he has such a positive outlook on everything he can put a smile on anyones face. #5 would be Phil Stacey, hes good, but not who i would want to win #6 Rudy Cardenas i just like him #7 will have to be Antonella Barba, I think she is the most natural singer...she can do it without working at it all...she was a nice surprise for me. #8 Stephanie Edwards she will be a tough competitor to beat...beautiful singer. #9 Chris Richardson he doesnt do much for me, he has a great voice, but he is just not my top pick. #10 I agree with carolyn, Sabrina Sloan love her personality she is very cute and has a great voice she may move up on my ladder. #11 Lakisha Jones, to me she has a nice voice, but nothing unusual, i think she will go far with the sympathy vote. #12 I will give to Haley Scarnato, she is ok, better than some, but not as good as others. #13 ill give to Jordan Sparks, she is a good singer, I just dont like her very much. #14 spot is Melinda Doolittle, shes got a great voice, and i think she will go far, just looks kinda funny to me. #15 Nicole Tranquillo, mainly because she is forgettable, i dont remember much of her. #16 Paul Kim, the Asian, what is up with no shoes! Ok he is good I like him and he is pretty cute too. #17 Brandon Rogers, he has a good voice, I just dont see him going far. #18 Sanjaya Malakar I liked him the first time I saw him, but this week he didnt do anything for me. #19 Sundance is probably the last person i would vote for, although there are a couple that i like less. he shouldnt be in the top 24, he messed up too much in hollywood week #20 Leslie Hunt i dont like but there are others i like least . #21 A.J. Tabaldo #22 Nick Pedro not good to me at all, they should have had a couple of the other guys in there instead of them. #23 and #24 Alaina Alexander and Gina Glocksen....these spots should be Ebony and Bailies....to me, these two do not posses any type of american idol quality, they are not very pretty and they are not that great at singing, i hated hearing that they were through...I can only hope they dont make it to the top 12...so, this is my list of favorites and least favorites for american idol, i would like to hear everyone else's opinion, like i said, i have never gotten this far on a season, so its all new to me, but these are my opinions. Good Luck Jared and Amy, I hope one of you win!!!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicholas Pedro... He is the next American Idol!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home